1. Anne of Green Gables House and Museum as well as the theatre production at the Confederation Centre. A real fan might also like to see Anne and Gilbert at the Harbourfront Theatre in Summerside. On the way back, stop in for an authentic lobster supper in New Glasgow.
2. National Park System -Greenwich section of the park and the interpretative centre are not to be missed. Beaches, dunes, trails and absolutely amazing vistas.
3. Dunes Gallery -great art, pottery, jewellery, furniture, clothing-all local, in an environment of lush gardens. Top it off with a view from the top and a spectacular lunch or dinner.
4. Culinary Boot Camps –incorporates culture, heritage and of course food! Think wine, chocolate making, and local strawberries for example…
5. The “Singing Sands” beaches of Basin Head- whitest and squeakiest sand on PEI. While in that part of the Island, visit the PEI Distillery in Hermanville -guided tours-Award winning vodkas with blueberry and potato bases.
6. Richard's Fish and Chips in Covehead - great food and great view on a picturesque harbour on the North Shore
7. Province House, Confederation Centre Art Gallery and Founders Hall, and with a visit to nearby Beaconsfield House, you will be grounded in the history of PEI and the part we played in the creation of Canada.
8. French River, one of the prettiest villages on PEI – While there take the Paynter Road off #20, one of the prettiest little roads on the Island and stop in at Tony Diodati's Art Gallery. The view is my favourite.
9. Indian River Music Festival. Features a world of diverse offerings over the summer in a gorgeous historic church.
10. Golf - PEI boasts so many wonderful championship golf courses that one has to find time to test some of them, like Crowbush…. or Green Gables…or Brudenell….or Glasgow Hills…
***And for a extra little taste of the Island stop by the Charlottetown Farmers Market-open Saturday morning year round and Wed and Saturday’s –July thru Sept.
For additional great information go to www.tourismpei.ca or pick up “the BUZZ “ – an Island monthly packed with all things entertainment.